Sunday, October 19, 2008

bookmark of the week



I took the kids to the Imperial War Museum today because my eldest son had expressed some interest in learning about the First World War. It’s odd because you don’t realise how difficult it can be sharing history until you try and sum up the causes and consequences of the First World War to a six year old.

The museum helped a bit but you still get the feeling the majority of the exhibits are designed to be consumed by adults. Still in the shop afterwards the boys helped me find a bookmark for the collection and came across this one celebrating the life of Winston Churchill. Decided that the conversation about Churchill can wait for another day, until after I have worked out how to translate some of my thoughts into easily digestible chunks...