Monday, July 21, 2008

Going a bit crazy at a 50% borders sale

Went a bit book crazy at Borders today with the lyrics of the Motorhead classic Orgasmatron (I was young and it was a funny year) ringing in my head.

“I am the one, orgasmatron, the outstretched grasping hand…”


That hand was busy putting books into a basket. Armed with some hints from The Modern Library by Carmen Callil and Colm Toibin went to the Borders branch at Lakeside Thurrock. The branch is closing down with every book 50% off. That gave me the chance to pick up Gravity’s Rainbow, a couple of the Updike Rabbit books and some more Cormac McCarthy without breaking the bank.

When I asked the poor guy at the till why it was closing he say that they had found out about the internet and that didn’t need people to run a store.

If you live nearby then get down their quick because the stock is going fast but there are some bargains to be had with all of the stock reduced.