Monday, June 25, 2007

An apology about the evening post

Against the grain a bit, there is not going to be an evening post about the book I’m reading on my commute for the simple reason that the amount of pages I managed to read make it hardly worthwhile. On both legs of my journey I had the pleasant experience of sitting with friends and as a result the book stayed on the lap unopened. I intend catching up tomorrow with a good day’s reading.

Needless to say there will be more of the usual from Life A User’s Manual with a collection of observations and stories that are changing almost as often as you turn the page so the best way of reporting on the days reading is to highlight a couple of the enjoyable episodes that are shared as the eye of the author moves from room to room and flat to flat.

Apologies for today’s failure but normal service will resume tomorrow…